Length: 95 miles (117km)
Finish: Fort William
Grade: Moderate to Challenging
From: £555 p.p.
Walking the West Highland Way
Walking the West Highland Way will take you through some of the most magnificent scenery to be found in Scotland- a once in a lifetime experience if you enjoy walking holidays.
The West Highland Way is a splendid way-marked route from Milngavie, near Glasgow northwards, past the shores of Loch Lomond, through beautiful sharp landscapes of the Western Highlands to Fort William, beneath Ben Nevis- Britain’s highest mountain.
How long is the West Highland Way Walk?
The West Highland Way walk is 95 miles (152km). The route mainly follows droving and 18C military ‘roads’ – that linked the highlands to the lowlands – and is challenging in places.
How Long Does it Take to Walk the West Highland Way?
We offer 3 different route options to choose from depending on your personal preference. Opt for a 7 or 8 day walking itinerary. If you’d prefer a shorter or larger timescale give us a call on 01291 689774 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
The West Highland Way walking route will take you:
- Through remote woodland and farmland between the Kilpatrick Hills
- Across the beautiful shores of Loch Lomund – Scotland’s largest loch
- Through Trossachs National Park and Rob Roy Cave
- Past the dramatic 30ft high Waterfalls of Falloch
- Through beautiful glens and villages such as Tyndrum, Glencoe, Glen Dochart, Glen Nevis and Strath Fillan
- Across the Bridge of Orchy
- Up to the summit of ‘Devil’s Staircase’
- Through Lairig Mor’s ‘great pass’
- To Fort William – your final destination
Book Scotland’s Most Popular Long Distance Trail
The West Highland Way is regarded as one of Scotland’s most popular long distance trails. You may well be accompanied by numbers of fellow ‘West Highlanders’ sharing your journey.
For May and June particularly, booking is advised well in advance – as much as a year ahead. The limited accommodation available along the trail is quickly booked up at this time of year.
For further information or advice on your holiday walking the West Highland Way please call us on 01291 689774.
“Overall we had an amazing time! We walked from end to end and met so many interesting people on the way. At the end of everyday I appreciated the warm hospitality and clean comfortable rooms ! Thanks so much for orgaising this holiday. It is unforgetable ! “